Preparation before RP 310 crimping
- Ensure that there are no casual and distracting factors in the work area, and the tools are assembled correctly, and the workplace meets the work requirements.
- Pipe connection according to the requirements of the pipe manufacturer.
Crimp the pipe with a typical scissor crimping tool
- Ensure that the RIDGIDRP310 is fitted with the correct crimping pliers and that the mounting pins are fully closed and locked.
- Install the fully charged battery in the handle.
- Press the crimping arm to open the crimping pliers.
- Clamp the open crimping pliers around the pipe. Make sure that the crimping pliers are fully aligned with the fittings in accordance with the pipe manufacturer’s instruction manual. Do not allow the tool and crimping tool to hang directly on the fitting to avoid unnecessary injury or death from accidental dropping of the tool.
- Make sure to follow the requirements in the corresponding pipe system description (ie the depth of the pipe insertion pipe meets the requirements).
- Make sure that the crimping pliers and tool are perpendicular to the pipe. If the crimping pliers and tool are not perpendicular to the pipe, the tool will attempt to align itself during the crimping process. This can result in improper crimping or tool damage.
- Press and release the switch to turn the tool on. The LED light on the front of the tool will remain lit, indicating that the tool is always available.
Note that if the tool is not operated for 150 seconds, it will automatically close to open the tool and you need to press the switch again.
- After the crimping cycle is completed, press the crimping arm to open the crimping pliers.
- Remove the RIDGIDRP310 and crimping pliers from the pipe and check the crimping. Be careful of the sharp corners that can be created during the crimping process.Tool assembly and work area inspection
Refer to the following procedure to assemble tools and clean the job site to reduce the risk of electric shock, fire, mechanical damage or other causes of injury, while protecting the tools and piping system intact.
Check the work area from the following aspects:
1. Full lighting
- Flammable liquids, gases or dust are likely to cause burning. Please do not use the tools in these environments until you confirm and correct them. The crimping tool does not have explosion protection and therefore sparks.
- Operate in a clean, dry and stable environment. Do not stand in the water using tools.
- Check the work to be performed and select the appropriate RIDGID tool and accessories according to the application. If the accessory is used incorrectly, it can also cause injury and tool damage and the pipe connection does not meet the sealing requirements. Make sure you have checked the tools and accessories according to their instructions.
- Weigh the work area to see if it needs to be isolated to keep the bystanders away from the workplace, because bystanders can distract the operator.
- Make sure the battery is removed, then unlock and fully open the accessory mounting pin. If there are already attachments in the tool, remove them.
- Insert the correct accessory, then fully close the accessory mounting pin and rotate it to the locked position. As shown in Figure 3, the mounting pin must be fully closed and locked to prevent the tool from being damaged during use.