Rubber is a kind of elastic material. What should I do if it expands and contracts when it is hot and cold? This requires that the rubber product be stored well to ensure that it will not change. There are strict requirements for the storage of rubber products.
1. Lighting: Avoid sunlight and strong artificial light sources containing ultraviolet rays. UV-resistant bags provide the best protection. Red or orange paint or film is recommended for warehouse windows.
2. Humidity: The relative humidity of the warehouse should be less than 70%, to avoid being too wet or too dry, and condensation should not occur.
3. Contact with metal or non-metallic materials: Do not allow contact with magnetic materials, cast iron, copper and its alloys, or materials containing rubber that can damage the rubber. Do not use PVC material for packing seals. Do not mix seals of different materials.
4. Radiation: Avoid damage to rubber products caused by ionizing radiation.
5. Oxygen and ozone: Rubber materials should be prevented from being exposed to circulating air. This can be achieved by packaging, wrapping, storing in an airtight container or other suitable methods. Ozone is harmful to most elastomers. Avoid the following equipment in the warehouse: mercury vapor lamps, high-voltage electrical equipment, motors, and other equipment.
6. Temperature: 5-25 ℃ is the ideal storage temperature. Avoid contact with heat and sunlight. Rubber products removed from low-temperature storage conditions should be placed in an environment of 20 ° C before use.
7. Contact with liquid or semi-solid materials: Do not contact solvents, oils, fats or other semi-solid materials.
8. Deformation: The rubber parts should be placed as freely as possible to avoid being stretched, compressed or deformed.
9. Cleaning: As needed, the seals can be cleaned with soap and water. However, water cannot contact fiber-reinforced seals, rubber-metal bonded seals, and AU material seals. Disinfectants, organic solvents, and sharp-edged tools must not be used. After cleaning, the rubber products should be dried at room temperature, and should not be near the heat source.