A toggle switch is actuated by moving a lever back and forth to open or close an electrical circuit. Toggle switches offer a variety of switching functions – SPDT, SPST, DPDT, DPST, and multiple actuator and bushing options. Our toggle switches also come in different sizes, from Sub-miniature, miniature to Medium. Details are following:
Important specifications for toggle switches include dimensions, electrical ratings, terminal types, materials and features.
Length or diameter
Maximum current rating
Maximum AC voltage rating
Maximum DC voltage rating
Maximum power rating
Quick connect or blade terminals
Straight PC pins
Right angle PC pins
Most toggle switch bases and toggle switch actuators are made of plastic, thermoplastic, or metal materials.
- telecommunications and networking equipment (wireless network cards, handheld devices, reset switches)
- instrumentation (shut-off switches, controllers)
- industrial controls (grips, joysticks, power supplies)
- test and measurement equipment
- elevator controls
- food processing equipment
- boat and marine control panels
- military applications (communication switches)
- medical equipment (wheelchair motor switch)
- off-highway and construction equipment
- security systems and metal detector
Maintained-contact toggle switches and momentary-contact toggle switches differ in terms of switch configuration. Configurations for maintained-contact toggle switches are described below.
- ON/OF toggle switcheshave separate ON and OFF functions and work like light switches.
- Three-position toggle switcheshave a center position that may or may not perform an OFF function.
Switch functions for momentary-contact toggle switches include the following.
- Momentary ON describes contacts that interrupt the circuit when the toggle switch is in the normal, open (NO) position.
- Momentary OFFdescribes contacts which establish a circuit when the toggle switch is in the normal, closed (NC) position.
- Alternate ON/OFFdescribes a switch where the first actuation turns the toggle switch ON and the second actuation turns the toggle switch OFF.
- Three-position momentary center-NEUTRAL
toggle switches have a center position that can perform an OFF or NEUTRAL function.
There are several configurations for pole and throw toggle switches.
Single pole single throw (SPST) toggle switches make or break the connection of a single conductor in a single branch circuit. This switch type typically has two terminals and is referred to as a single-pole switch.
Single pole double throw (SPDT) toggle switches make or break the connection of a single conductor with either of two other single conductors. These switches usually have three terminals and are commonly used in pairs. SPDT switches are sometimes called three-way switches.
Double pole single throw (DPST) toggle switches make or break the connection of two circuit conductors in a single branch circuit. They usually have four terminals.
Double pole double throw (DPDT) toggle switches make or break the connection of two conductors to two separate circuits. They usually have six terminals are available in both momentary and maintained contact versions.
One of the best seller on Amazon from Daier: Waterproof toggle switch with Tri LED with ON-OFF function:
Please contact our team for details if have interested in it.